JOIN OUR FALL 2012 VIRTUAL FOCUS GROUP AND HELP AFRICA!

Greetings Greater Hartford Campus Graduate and Undergraduate Students!  The Trecker Library is looking for information about how you use the Library when you visit.  We especially want to know if you find our spaces comfortable and whether or not our spaces meet your needs.

To encourage participation I will pay for the planting of 25 trees per participant, up to 500 trees, in Senegal, West Africa!

We are using an experimental technique called a Virtual Focus Group (VFG) which is based on  internet  blog software (see previous entry on this blog).   VFG users will converse with one another just like in a regular focus group but without a requirement for everyone to meet in the same place at the same time.  Earlier VFGs received high marks from participants who found them both easy and interesting to use.

The VFG has been rescheduled to November 7 to 16.  To participate you just need to respond to five questions and then go back in two more times and either add additional comments or respond to the comments of others.  Of course, you can then visit the blog as many times as you wish until it closes.

The information we receive will be used to plan improvements to the library to make it better for you.

Right now I need to know who is interested in helping us.  Please send me an e-mail with your full name, your status as a grad or undergrad, and which program you are affiliated with.  I will then create a mailing list so I can send more detailed instructions.  Your name and contact information will be kept confidential.

I look forward to hearing from  you!  Thanks very much for your assistance!

Bill Uricchio, Library Director
William.uricchio@lib.uconn.edu

ps — I’ll post the number of trees to be planted at this blog when the activity is concluded.