The webinar will highlight the latest findings on adult educational attainment, attainment levels and the likelihood of being unemployed, the geographic distribution of people who hold degrees in science and engineering and how earnings are tied to degree level, field of study and mode of high school completion.
The data sets being released are as follows:
- Educational Attainment in the United States: 2011 (Source: Current Population Survey)
- What It’s Worth: Field of Training and Economic Status in 2009 (Source: Survey of Income and Program Participation)
- Educational Attainment in the United States: 2009 (Source: American Community Survey and Current Population Survey)
- Field of Bachelor’s Degree in the United States: 2009 (Source: American Community Survey)
- Characteristics of GED Program Participants (Source: American Community Survey, Current Population Survey and Survey of Income and Program Participation)
The news conference will consist of a simultaneous audio conference and online presentation. Information on accessing the online presentation is provided below. Reporters will be able to ask questions once the presentation is complete. We suggest reporters log in and call in early.
Kurt Bauman, chief, Education and Social Stratification Branch — Social,
Economic and Housing Statistics Division
Toll free number: 888-790-3288
Note: Stay on the line until operator asks for the passcode. Do not key in passcode.
Online presentation — access information
Please login early, as some setup is required.
Conference/meeting number: PW1440288
Conference/meeting passcode: CENSUS
If closed captioning is required: <http://livewrite.nccsite.com/view/cb0223>