In each W forum listed below, a video related to writing pedagogy will be shown; the screening will be followed by an open discussion about the topic portrayed, as well as any related concerns the participants might have. The forums will be held in the library’s Thomson Reuters eclassroom.
- Responding to Student Writing, Thursday, 10/28, 11am-12pm, Thomson-Reuters E-Classroom
- Teaching the Research Paper, Thursday, 11/4, 11am-12pm, Thomson-Reuters E-Classroom
- Working with Non-Native Writers, Thursday, 11/11, 11am-12pm, Thomson-Reuters E-Classroom
In addition, this forum will serve as an ongoing Writing Center open house for faculty who wish to incorporate the Writing Center tutoring in their curriculum for the rest of this semester and in spring 2011.
Comments? Suggestions for future topics, please contact:
Serkan Gorkemli, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of English
Scheduling appointments with a writing tutor or a Math/Science tutor will no longer be made at the campus information desk. You’ll need to make an appointment with a Writing, Math or Science tutor by logging online to www.advapp.uconn.edu.
- Schedule and cancel Writing, Math and Science Tutoring appointments
- www.advapp.uconn.edu (UConn Advising Appointment website)
- Login using your NetID and NetID password
- Select from drop down menu: “The Source” Stamford Writing Center & Q Center
The UConn Stamford Writing Center offers WRITING WORKSHOPS
in the Library’s ground floor conference room or eClassroom depending on participation.
Plagiarism & Academic Integrity: September 8th & 10th
Brainstorming & Thesis Statement Development: September 22nd & 24th
Organization & the Craft of Revision: October 6th & 8th
Grammar & Sentence Mechanics: October 20th & 22nd
Using and Quoting Sources: MLA: November 3rd & 5th
Using & Quoting Sources: APA:November 17th & 19th
Written Test Taking Strategies: December 1st & 3rd
WORKSHOPS ARE HELD: MONDAYS 2-3 PM AND WEDNESDAYS 4-5 PM
For more info, contact: Melissa Mulins, Assistant Cordinator of Writing at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Writing Center November Workshops: MLA Citation & Documentation Workshop
Location: In the 1st floor Conference Room of the Jeremy Richards
Monday, November 3rd: 2-3 pm
Wednesday, November 5th: 4-5 pm
We will go over the basics of citing and formatting papers using MLA.
Feel free to bring in current work on which to practice!
For more information, contact:
Assistant Coordinator of Writing & Composition