Besides acquiring print books, the UConn Libraries is acquiring many ebooks that can be accessed through the HOMER catalog, or from the main page by searching the “Everything @ UConn” and the “Books and Media Worldwide” tabs’ search boxes. The two major distributors where we acquire books from are eBrary and EBL. They do have different interfaces and policy regarding printing pages or how many people can “check out” a digital copy. Sometimes only one person can view an ebook, sometimes multiple users can view an ebook. Offhand I can’t tell you which ebook follows one rule or the other rule–it really depends on the publisher, who decides what type of license is granting to the distributor. So feel free to explore this products and if you have problems or question do let us know. In addition, the links bellow my require you to use your netid and password before accessing the books. Finally, I do recommend that you create an account in both EBL and Ebrary (which are free) to keep track not only of what ebooks you are reading but also to save annotations you may want to do as you are reading them.
Here is a little sample of what we have acquired this academic year. eBooks purchases were based on faculty and students suggestions. Some books do have print counterparts but other don’t. If you prefer a print copy do let us know.
Cordially,Marisol Ramos Librarian for Latin American & Caribbean Studies, Latino Studies, Spanish and Anthropology And Curator of Latin American and Caribbean Collections
- UNEARTHING FRANCO’S LEGACY: MASS GRAVES AND THE RECOVERY OF HISTORICAL MEMORY IN SPAIN, http://site.ebrary.com/lib/uconn/docDetail.action?docID=10423355
- CONTRIBUTION OF THE RWANDA TRIBUNAL TO THE DEVELOPMENT OF INTERNATIONAL LAW http://site.ebrary.com/lib/uconn/docDetail.action?docID=10171551
- NAMING COLONIALISM: HISTORY AND COLLECTIVE MEMORY, http://site.ebrary.com/lib/uconn/docDetail.action?docID=10351466
- Memory Is Another Country: Women of the Vietnamese Diaspora Author : NGUYEN, NATHALIE HUYNH CHAU, http://www.UCONN.eblib.com/patron/FullRecord.aspx?p=539644
- How Colonialism Preempted Modernity in Africa, http://www.UCONN.eblib.com/patron/FullRecord.aspx?p=501435
- The UN International Criminal Tribunals: The Former Yugoslavia, Rwanda and Sierra Leone Author : Schabas, William A. http://www.UCONN.eblib.com/patron/FullRecord.aspx?p=273649
- Genocide in International Law: The Crime of Crimes Author : Schabas, William A. http://www.UCONN.eblib.com/patron/FullRecord.aspx?p=432063
- An Introduction to the International Criminal Court Author: Schabas, William http://www.UCONN.eblib.com/patron/FullRecord.aspx?p=647444
- Allah’s Angels : Chechen Women in War Author: Murphy, Paul J. http://www.UCONN.eblib.com/patron/FullRecord.aspx?p=665844
- The Trial Proceedings of the International Criminal Court: ICTY and ICTR Precedents Author : Calvo-Goller, Karin http://www.UCONN.eblib.com/patron/FullRecord.aspx?p=467981