End of Semester Wrap Up

Today is the last day of classes here at UConn, and I wanted to take a moment to offer some highlights from Fall 2009:

In October, the Human Rights Institute and UConn Law School co-hosted the Human Rights in the USA Conference.  A volume with papers from the conference will be published, so if you weren’t able to attend, you can still read about pressing human rights issues in the US, such as health care, domestic violence, discrimination, and immigration policies, just to name a few!

In November, I attended and presented at “Remembering War, Genocide and Other Human Rights Violations: Oral History, New Media and the Arts,”  an interdisciplinary conference co-organized by the Centre for Oral History and Digital Storytelling (COHDS) and the Life Stories of Montrealers Displaced by War, Genocide and Other Human Rights Violations project.

And, last night I attended a panel discussion on science and human rights, before seeing the Connecticut Repertory Theatre’s production of Bertolt Brecht’s Galileo, which will be playing through Saturday, December 12, at Jorgenson Theatre at the UConn campus. 

Good luck with finals, and enjoy the winter break!  I’ll be back in January with updates about what’s new for the spring semester.