Martha’s Message – June 6, 2017

Dear Colleagues,

It is my great privilege to serve as the Vice Provost for the UConn Library, which is why I find it so difficult to send this message.  After much deliberation and discussion with my family I have decided for personal reasons to retire, with an effective last date in the office of July 20. I will be taking accumulated leave after that and have agreed to work occasionally on high priority, non-operational issues for a few weeks, so you may see me around.

This year marks my 50th year working in libraries and I have enjoyed being a part of the rapid and exciting transformation spanning my career, including great changes here at UConn. I have truly enjoyed the time we have worked together and have confidence that the Master Plan, One Library initiative, and Purposeful Path, coupled with the Provost’s renewed commitment to the Library will keep the forward momentum going.

My plans for retirement include spending time travelling from Coast to Coast. Here on the East Coast I will be enjoying the special place that is our summer cottage, on the West Coast visiting my son and his growing family, and at our home in New Mexico in between.

The Provost will make a public announcement within the next few days regarding an interim appointment and his plans for a search.

Most sincerely yours,

Martha