Below is a list of collections that are now open and available for research (links to finding aids provided), arranged by broad collecting area. Researchers are encouraged to contact the staff with any questions.
Business, Railroad & Labor Collections:
AFSCME, Local 1303 Records http://doddcenter.uconn.edu/asc/findaids/afscme1303/MSS19880060.html
- Articles related to a strike by employees of the Milford Mental Health Clinic in 1983.
Bartholomew Alpress & Co. Records http://doddcenter.uconn.edu/asc/findaids/alpress/MSS20070072.html
- Record books of the saw mill located in Bristol, Connecticut.
Iron Workers Association of Reading, PA http://doddcenter.uconn.edu/asc/findaids/ironworkers/MSS19990040.html
- Notebook with handwritten constitution and by-laws of association.
Norwich Typographical Union Records http://doddcenter.uconn.edu/asc/findaids/ntu/MSS19980170.html
- Financial records of the Union.
Providence & Worcester Railroad Records http://doddcenter.uconn.edu/asc/findaids/providenceworcester/MSS19970120.html
- Treasurers accounts, treasury books, superintendents letters, deeds, and other administrative files.
William B. Young Collection of the Connecticut Co. http://doddcenter.uconn.edu/asc/findaids/wbyoung/MSS20120077.html
- Correspondence, maps, photographic images, car rosters, administrative reports, and other materials about trolley and street railroad cars and the history of the Connecticut Company.
Children’s Literature Collections:
Martha G. Alexander Papers http://doddcenter.uconn.edu/asc/findaids/alexander/MSS20020015.html
- Manuscripts, dummies, and proofs for a significant number of published works by noted children’s author.
Paul W. Catanese Papers http://doddcenter.uconn.edu/asc/findaids/catanese/MSS20050112.html
- Manuscripts and correspondence associated with two of Mr. Catanese’s books, “The Brave Apprentice” and “The Thief and the Beanstalk.”
Bonnie Christensen Papers http://doddcenter.uconn.edu/asc/findaids/christensen/MSS20050088.html
- Original illustrations, woodcut blocks, research materials, and manuscript materials associated with the children’s author.
Stephanie Clayton Collection of Little Red Riding Hood http://doddcenter.uconn.edu/asc/findaids/clayton/MSS20120005.html
- Assorted realia related to, and depicting, the Little Red Riding Hood Fairy Tale. The collection contains stuffed animals, dolls, porcelain figures, and a clock.
Joanna Cole Papers http://doddcenter.uconn.edu/asc/findaids/cole/MSS20030130.html
- Editorial correspondence, manuscripts and sketches of Cole, author of the Magic School Bus series.
Mary DePalma Papers http://doddcenter.uconn.edu/asc/findaids/depalma/MSS20110116.html
- Materials used to create several of Ms. DePalma’s works, such as My Chair, The Strange Egg, Many Millions of Leaves, A Grand Old Tree, The Perfect Gift, and The Nutcracker Doll.
Mary Greenwalt Papers http://doddcenter.uconn.edu/asc/findaids/greenwalt/MSS20120122.html
- Illustrations of her works on the lives of famous composers published between 1936 and 1946.
Mary Ann Hoberman Papers http://doddcenter.uconn.edu/asc/findaids/hoberman/MSS20050168.html
- Manuscripts, original artwork, poetry, and various administrative records associated with the work of award winning children’s author.
Nonny Hogrogian Papers http://doddcenter.uconn.edu/asc/findaids/hogrogian/MSS19970059.html
- Illustrations, drawings, and proofs of works by children’s book author and illustrator.
Kathy Jakobsen Papers http://doddcenter.uconn.edu/asc/findaids/jakobsen/MSS20060245.html
- Artwork, audio visual materials, books, color slides, correspondence, drawings, illustrations, photographs, posters, publications, sketches, and videocassettes documenting the work of one of America’s premier folk artists.
David Katz Papers http://doddcenter.uconn.edu/asc/findaids/katzd/MSS20040059.html
- Materials relating to Katz’s publication You can be a woman engineer published in 1995.
Judith Liberman Papers http://doddcenter.uconn.edu/asc/findaids/liberman/MSS19980002.html
- Correspondence and original manuscript materials of artist and author.
Arnold Lobel Papers http://doddcenter.uconn.edu/asc/findaids/lobel/MSS20100109.html
- Original text and artwork produced by children’s book author and illustrator.
William MacKellar Papers http://doddcenter.uconn.edu/asc/findaids/mackellar/MSS19900052.html
- Iillustrations, dummies and manuscripts associated with four titles.
Movable Book Society Records http://doddcenter.uconn.edu/asc/findaids/mbs/MSS20050016.html
- Records of the Society.
Society of Children’s Book Writers & Illustrators (NE) Records http://doddcenter.uconn.edu/asc/findaids/sbwi/MSS20110022.html
- Records of the Society.
Catherine Stock Papers http://doddcenter.uconn.edu/asc/findaids/stock/MSS20050059.html
- Works of art, dummies, and gallery proofs.
Weston Woods Records http://doddcenter.uconn.edu/asc/findaids/westonwoods/MSS20040141.html
- 25 animation celluloids used in the creation of children’s filmstrips by the Weston Woods Studio.
Hans Wilhelm Papers http://doddcenter.uconn.edu/asc/findaids/wilhelm/MSS20040134.html
- Dummies, illustrations, books (4), works of art, preliminary sketches, photographs, fliers, posters, ephemera (calendars), and postcards related to Hello Sun!
Human Rights Collections:
Adam Nadel Photography Collection http://doddcenter.uconn.edu/asc/findaids/nadel/MSS20110035.html
- Large scale photography by Pulitzer Prize nominated photojournalist.
Diana Rios Collection of Ethnic Press Newspapers http://doddcenter.uconn.edu/asc/findaids/rios/MSS20090107.html
- Ethnic newspapers from across the United States that are made available for teaching purposes.
World Education Fellowship Records http://doddcenter.uconn.edu/asc/findaids/wef/MSS19940011.html
- Administrative records, correspondence, fliers, notes, and transcripts from 1969-1992.
A. B. Xuma Papers http://doddcenter.uconn.edu/asc/findaids/xuma/MSS20000143.html
- Microfilm version of papers of anti-apartheid activist A. B. Xuma.
Merrill Gillespie Papers http://doddcenter.uconn.edu/asc/findaids/gillespie/MSS20040029.html
- Correspondence from Michael Rumaker to Merrill Gillespie.
Oliver Jensen Papers http://doddcenter.uconn.edu/asc/findaids/jensen/MSS20030042.html
- Personal and professional papers of Oliver Ormerod Jensen, writer, editor, self-taught historian, and railroad enthusiast.
Harriet Slavitz Papers http://doddcenter.uconn.edu/asc/findaids/slavitz/MSS20080070.html
- Manuscripts, journals, notebooks correspondence and audio recordings of poet, essayist, freelance writer, book editor, and instructor.
Mary Lou Estabrook Photographs http://doddcenter.uconn.edu/asc/findaids/estabrook/MSS20110106.html
- Documents the photographic work of Mary Lou Estabrook in her capacity as Associate Editor and Chief Photographer of the Lakeville Journal, 1971-1986.
Political & Public Polling Collections, Personal papers:
Alumni Legislators Collection http://doddcenter.uconn.edu/asc/findaids/alumnileg/MSS19980166.html
- Ephemera, fliers, photographs, postcards, publications, and realia related to Connecticut State Legislators who were graduates of the University of Connecticut.
Arthur W. Fanta Papers http://doddcenter.uconn.edu/asc/findaids/fanta/MSS20120124.html
- Reflects his work at the Nuremberg War Trials from 1945-1948.
Camille Forman Papers http://doddcenter.uconn.edu/asc/findaids/formanc/MSS20030036.html
- Administrative records, clippings, correspondence, ephemera, galley proofs, and financial records of local author.
Sam Gejdenson Papers http://doddcenter.uconn.edu/asc/findaids/Gejdenson/MSS20010008.html
- Congressional records of Sam Gejdenson, U.S. Representative from Connecticut’s 2nd Congressional district, 1981-2000.
Paul K. Perry Papers http://doddcenter.uconn.edu/asc/findaids/perry/MSS20100028.html
- Correspondence, reports, studies, polls and similar materials related to the personal and professional interests of noted Gallup organization employee.
John Rowland Papers http://doddcenter.uconn.edu/asc/findaids/rowland/MSS19900020.html
- Congressional records from 1985 to 1991 from Connecticut’s fifth district, including constituent correspondence from 1985 to 1990, campaign and congressional newsletters, press releases, and legislative profiles.
Charles Towne Papers http://doddcenter.uconn.edu/asc/findaids/towne/MSS19920025.html
- Note cards, indexed alphabetically, and by subject of city editor of the Hartford Courant for 47 years.
Dexter Wilcomb Papers (Connecticut Soldiers Collection) http://doddcenter.uconn.edu/asc/findaids/wilcomb/MSS19950026.html
- World War II memorabilia donated by Technician Third Grade, Dexter Wilcomb.
Jerry Wagner Political Collection http://doddcenter.uconn.edu/asc/findaids/wagner/MSS20060234.html
- Materials from the political campaigns of Emilio Daddario and Hubert Humphrey and aspects of the political career of Toby Moffet
4-H Clubs of CT Records http://doddcenter.uconn.edu/asc/findaids/4h/MSS19870027.html
- Numerous club publications, photographs, scrapbooks, slides, film, and administrative records of the 4-H Clubs of Connecticut which originated in 1913 with the establishment of the first club in Mansfield, Connecticut.
Accreditation Records http://doddcenter.uconn.edu/asc/findaids/accreditation/MSS19980244.html
- Administrative records pertaining to the University’s accreditation by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges.
Floyd Bass Collection of John E. Rogers http://doddcenter.uconn.edu/asc/findaids/bass/MSS19940076.html
- Clippings, sound recordings, books, an honorary degree, and research posters relating to Dr. John E. Rogers collected by Dr. Bass.
Norman Bender Papers http://doddcenter.uconn.edu/asc/findaids/bender/MSS20120101.html
- Correspondence, notes, articles and publications created or collected by Mr. Bender during his tenure in the University of Connecticut, Cooperative Extension Service.
Richard D. Brown Papers http://doddcenter.uconn.edu/asc/findaids/brownr/MSS20100096.html
- Course materials, student records and recommendations, papers and presentations, professional associations, and grant applications of UConn History professor Richard D. Brown.
Cell Stress Society International Records http://doddcenter.uconn.edu/asc/findaids/cssi/MSS20100099.html
- Records documenting the establishment, management, development and growth of the Cell Stress Society International and its associated journal publication on the Storrs campus of the University of Connecticut from 1995 to the present.
College of Agriculture and Natural Resources Records http://doddcenter.uconn.edu/asc/findaids/canr/MSS19970010.html
- Records of the College of Agriculture and Natural Resources.
Computing Committee Records http://doddcenter.uconn.edu/asc/findaids/computing/MSS19980101.html
- Correspondence, clippings, administrative reporting, committe proceedings, notes, fliers (handouts), and publications related to the Computing Committee and their involvement in UCINFO.
Office of Institutional Research Records http://doddcenter.uconn.edu/asc/findaids/oir/MSS19980288.html
- Administrative records, reports and clippings.
Ombudsman’s Office records http://doddcenter.uconn.edu/asc/findaids/ombudsman/MSS19920019.html
- Administrative records, fliers, news clippings, and legal documents from the period the office existed at the University.
Poetic Journeys Collection http://doddcenter.uconn.edu/asc/findaids/poeticjourneys/MSS20010101.html
- Posters from the Poetic Journeys Galleries from 2000-2004.
Puerto Rican and Latino Studies Institute Records http://doddcenter.uconn.edu/asc/findaids/prlsi/MSS20070019.html
- Correspondence, minutes, printed materials, and financial records of the Institute.
Carl W. Rettenmeyer Papers http://doddcenter.uconn.edu/asc/findaids/rettenmeyer/MSS20100063.html
- Correspondence and field notes of noted biologist.
Cynthia Reeves Snow Collection http://doddcenter.uconn.edu/asc/findaids/snowc/MSS20030156.html
- Diploma, report card, dance program and publications from one of the early female graduates of the University.
Storrs Agricultural Experiment Station Records http://doddcenter.uconn.edu/asc/findaids/storrsexperiment/MSS19720001.html
- Adminstrative records of one of the oldest agricultural experiment and research stations in the United States.
Storrs Draft Information Committee Records http://doddcenter.uconn.edu/asc/findaids/storrsdraft/MSS19980271.html
- Administrative records, correspondence, legal documents, fliers, notes, and publications of the committee.
University Communications Office Records http://doddcenter.uconn.edu/asc/findaids/communications/MSS19950007.html
- Files of the Office.
University of Connecticut Professional Employees Association (UCPEA) Collection http://doddcenter.uconn.edu/asc/findaids/ucpea/MSS19970138.html
- Administrative records, correspondence, legal documents, financial records, publications, and fliers (pamphlets, handouts, announcements), related to the Association.
University Poster Collection http://doddcenter.uconn.edu/asc/findaids/poster/MSS20000040.html
- Posters documenting University events, particularly athletic activities, from 1969-2012.