Below is a list of collections that are now open and available for research (links to finding aids provided), arranged by broad collecting area. Researchers are encouraged to contact the staff with any questions.
Somersville Manufacturing Company Records
- Administrative and financial files and volumes, marketing material, photographs and scrapbooks, and correspondence and other materials associated with the Somersville Manufacturing Company and the company’s founders and owners, the Keeney family of Somersville, Connecticut.
David M. Carroll Collection
- One folder containing correspondence, notes, sketches and a calendar created in conjunction with an exhibition held in the Libraries in 1996.
Anna Kirwan Papers
- Books, posters, manuscripts, proofs, clippings, research notes, promotional material, and correspondence, dating from 1991-21012.
Barbara McClintock Papers
- manuscript sketches, correspondence, artwork, notes, and correspondence having to do with Animal Fables from Aesop, adapted and illustrated by McClintock.
AFSCME, Council 4 Records http://doddcenter.uconn.edu/asc/findaids/afscmec4/MSS20040118.html
- The collection contains correspondence, financial records, meeting minutes, manuscripts, publications, and files of union locals represented by AFSCME, Council 4, including corrections officers with Council 16 which later merged with Council 4.
Max Miller Collection of the Connecticut Valley Railroad
- Shipping documents of freight shipped out of the North Haven, Connecticut, freight yard and real estate records of properties in Middletown, Connecticut, which was a point between Hartford and Old Saybrook.
Center for Economic Education Records
- Administrative records, correspondence, publications, financial records and other materials related to the establishment and running of the Center.
Environmental Health and Safety Records
- Committee minutes, reports, and various records. Included in the collection are unit safety minutes, lab safety minutes, radiation waste shipment records, and radiation dosiemtry reports, 1965-2003.
Josef Gugler East African Survey Collection
- Questionnaires, clippings, correspondence pertaining to surveys about East Africa conducted by Dr. Gugler from 1955-1999.
Walter R. Ihrke Papers
- scores and recordings as well as correspondence, publications and documentation of Ihrke’s “Automated Musical Training” [“Ihrke Method”].
Louise T. Johnson Papers
- Personal and professional materials pertaining to her tenure at the University.
Irene and Merle Klinck Papers
- Photocopies of the text from two plaques presented to Mr. Klinck in recognition of his services and contributions to the town of Mansfield Highway Crew and the Eagleville Fire Department, Inc. as as a resolution recognizing Mr. Klinck’s six years first Selectman. Mr. Klinck’s Eagleville Fire Department badge is also included. A notebook containing lecture notes, scores and pamphlets related to the piano has Irene E. H. Klinck scratched into the verso of the cover.
Puerto Rican/Latin American Cultural Center Records
- Administrative records documenting the programs and activities sponsored by the Center.
School of Allied Health Records
- Administrative records documenting the work of the School of Allied Health at the University of Connecticut.
School of Nursing Records
- Faculty meeting minutes, project documentation, photographs, multimedia and ephemeral materials associated with the School of Nursing.
University Communications Office Records
- Administrative Records, correspondence, notes, publications, media contacts, student and faculty activity, biographies, departmental communications, news releases, campus-wide communications as published in the UConn Chronicle, UConn Advance, Announce-L, and, Daily Digest, from 1979 to present.