Find Everything in the Libraries’ Collections with One Search
The Libraries have introduced a new search tool that will enable users to do just one search to find the resources they need.
Functioning as a library catalog, a journal locator, a database locator, and a large full-text article database, the new search tool enables users to enter terms into a web-like search box to obtain licensed content from the Libraries’ entire collection. The technology behind the new search tool is called “Summon™,” and is provided by Serials Solutions®, a business unit of ProQuest®.
To use the new all-encompassing search tool, labeled “Everything @ UConn,” just insert a topic of interest. Users may then refine their search and specify parameters such as content type, subject, or date. For a more sophisticated search by, for example, author or journal title, users should use the “Advanced Search” option.
"Everything@UConn" - Try it!
How to Renew Items Online for patrons with a NetID.
- From the UConn Libraries Home Page http://www.lib.uconn.edu
- Click on HOMER-Library Catalog.
- Click on Renew books/View account.
- From the NetID/Single-Sign-On page, click on the blue box.
- Enter your NetID and Password.
- Click on Login.
- Under the Renew? column, click on the boxes of the titles you wish to renew.
- At bottom of Items Checked Out window, click on the RENEW ITEMS box.
The NEW DUE DATE will appear in the right column of the page under RENEWAL STATUS.
The Libraries BLC Virtual Catalog is currently not functioning today. The problem has been reported and we hope to have the problem fixed soon.
Please use ILL Direct (WorldCat) as an alternative for requesting your books until we have this matter resolved.
Look for the ILL button in Worldcat at the bottom of your results screen.