This updated dashboard contains the latest income data from the American Community Survey 2010-14 5-Year Estimates for Connecticut Census tracts, with links to original data in the Census Bureau’s American FactFinder data engine.
The latest data from the American Community Survey 2010-2014 Estimates shows a clear correlation between educational attainment and median earnings in Connecticut towns. This visualization includes data on educational attainment levels for all 169 towns for persons 25 and older, as well as median earnings for men and women of different education levels. Follow the links that appear in the mouseover tooltip to download the original tables from the Census Bureau’s American FactFinder data tool.
The map below of Connecticut Census Tracts data provides links into the Census Bureau’s American FactFinder data engine to gain easy access to tables of economic, housing, demographics and other data from the 2010-14 American Community Survey 5-Year Estimates. Hover over any Census Tract on the map to see links to eight data tables for the tract. You can use the map tools to pan or zoom into a particular area of the state, and by holding down Control (Command on a Mac), you can select multiple tracts and follow the links to see data for all selected areas. See the Instructions tab for more information.
Linked data tables include:
- DP05 ACS Demographic and Housing Estimates: age, race/ethnicity, and housing unit counts
- S1501 Educational Attainment: educational attainment and median earnings by level of education for the population age 25 and over
- S2701 Health Insurance Coverage Status: insurance coverage rates by age, race, and income
- S1101 Households and Families: characteristics of household structures
- S1702 Poverty Status in the Past 12 Months of Families: poverty status by age, race, educational attainment, and presence of children in the household
- DP03 Selected Economic Characteristics: unemployment, occupation, employment by industry, and income and benefits data
- DP04 Selected Housing Characteristics: size, value, age, and other characteristics of housing units in the tract
- DP02 Selected Social Characteristics: includes marital status, fertility, place of birth, language spoken at home, ancestry, and disability status characteristics of the tract’s residents